Tuesday, September 30, 2008

expectantly...

so the Lord is soooo intimate and faithful... this is what He's been challenging me with lately.

Psalm 81 is AMAZING, read it to get context. The whole time the Lord is saying "I removed this from you, I set you free from this, I rescued you, I answered you, if you would but LISTEN to me!" Kinda like... HELLO I LOVE YOU PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO ME I'M SPEAKING TO YOU, I'M BUSTING AT THE SEAMS TO TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOU!!!

(10) "I am the LORD (Yahweh) your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."

(16) "But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you."

ahhhhhhhh! Yahweh... the Living God who's name wasn't spoken among Israel because it was too awesome, too great to speak of with the human mouth, says "if you would just listen to me, if you would open wide and come to me expectantly, I would SATISFY you... I would FILL you... but you chose to be stubborn."

I come to Him with a sippy cup... so much. Why don't I come with a huge container, with an empty lake... just begging and EXPECTING Him to just pour out His Spirit like a flood.

so this week.... open wide... like you do when you taste snowflakes, like you do when you shove glorious chocolate cake, like you do when you drink water after a hard run.... come expecting to be filled and satisfied BEYOND your imagination.
<3

No comments: