Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

I just finished watching the first night of Passion on livestream - it's happening now through January 4th so you should check it out.

One of my best (and oldest) friends got married last night. His bride Leah, one of my friends and sisters in Christ, is awesome. She happens to be related to one of the coolest women I've met. Mama John is Leah's grandmother - She is 88 years old and beautiful. Mama John is a nurse and has worked overseas as a missionary in many countries, including several in East Africa. I was so blessed to get to meet her at the wedding and listen to her toast David and Leah. Her toast was a worship service in itself - she gave an entire commentary on Paul's passage on love in 1 Corinthians 13 - so much wisdom it was crazy. When we left the wedding we stopped to say bye to her, she grabbed Hannah and I and blessed us with more stories of God's faithfulness. She said something that stood out to me so much, "You've got to have a dream." We hugged her then went to say bye to Leah's mom, another incredible woman. She mentioned to us that Mama John would be moving into an assisted living facility. Of all the Christian-based homes they looked at, they settled on a facility that was not faith-based. She said it was a perfect mission field for Mama John who stated, "I feel like God's got one more mountain for me to climb."
I can't wait to go visit Mama John and learn more from her - how I want that kind of faith and perspective!
Here are some pictures from the wedding.....
Mr. and Mrs. David Cress
Hannah and Mama John
My lovely parents
Cinderella (Emmy) and my adorable dates (Michael and Jack)
My amazing sister Hannah

Blessings in Christ,
<3 a


No comments: