Saturday, November 20, 2010

nashville, tn

I have a bad habit of letting e-mails pile up in my inbox. I'm pretty sure it's insulting to Gmail how disorganized my inbox actually is. Anyways, I finally sat down to read those lingering messages today and came across an invitation to apply for Vanderbilt's Nurse Residency program. It as sent through Clemson to all of the nursing students, and I typically take forever to read those.

I was wasting time before studying, so I thought I would check the program out. Turns out VUMC offers a CNM/FNP dual program (Certified Nurse Midwife/Family Nurse Practitioner). I've been trying to decide what to do. Ideally, I want to work with women and children and be able to continue caring for families that I've established a relationship with - which would translate into being both a CNM and a FNP. That's a lot of school, so I was trying to pick just one. Turns out, I could do both at the same time!

Working at VUMC for a year would qualify me for tuition assistance for grad school - which would be a massive help as well.

Applications for the program go up Monday with interviews and acceptance news in March. It's all so crazy that the season of college is coming to a close so quickly.
I have no idea what's next, and I just want to enjoy what's now. I know the Lord has good plans for me and that He's sovereign - I need His wisdom for this next season. I crave your prayers
.

No comments: