Monday, November 15, 2010

monday

"Love your enemies." "Pray for those who persecute you." "Do not worry." "Forgive as I've forgive you." "Take up your cross, deny yourself, come - run after me, follow me."

"Jesus - that's hard."

"Alex, I've given you everything you need for life and godliness through knowing me..."

Such has been the conversation of the past weekend - trying to take Jesus literally (astounding concept!) is difficult - not to make that an excuse not to follow Him - just to state an obvious truth. However, He's given me all that I need. Trusting Him looks like obedience in faith that His word is true - that He has indeed given me all I need for life and godliness (2Peter1:3-4).

In other news, I feel like I had a pretty productive day - even though it started with avoiding resting in the Father's presence for a few precious moments. He's after my heart though, so I turned off the TV and got some one-on-one that was much needed.
Turned in a project, had lunch with my clinical group (Panera - yum!), picked up my prescription (drug companies make a ton of money), cooked a turkey (yes - a 12lb bird and I bonded - turkey guts are not my fav), made some mac'n'cheese (like momma, but her's is better), cleaned my room (dusted, vacuumed, the works), put laundry away (like, in a closet), organized my desk (eek), cleaned the kitchen, washed some dishes, blogged. Shees. About to clean my bathtub so I can take a bubble bath before snuggling into clean, fresh sheets.

I've managed to do everything under the sun except for studying for my upcoming test. I'm the closest I've ever been to being over school.

On the future front: I looked up Compassion International and Living Water International for potential job opportunities. I am equally thrilled and afraid of serving overseas, but I can't escape the truth that my gifts were designed to help meet need - whether in the States or overseas.

<3 a


No comments: