Sunday, October 12, 2008

the mustard seed

you say i can walk on water just like you did
you say i can heal the lame and the sick
you say that in you i have power to raise the dead
if only i had faith the size of a mustard seed
well a mustard seed never looked so big to me.

you say you can heal my brokenness and
that you can break my chains of regret
you say that you can free me from perfection's illusion
and that you're grace is sufficient for my every need
but a mustard seed never looked so big to me.

you say you long to restore me
you say you long to love me
with a love and grace beyond common sense.
you say you long to hold me
you say your desire is for me
a desire stronger than i have ever known

you say "Come to me" but i flee from your gaze
you say "Do not quench the Spirit" and "Cling to what is good"
but in my heart i feel a web of lies.
i'm ridden with discouragement and fear
have i pushed you away one too many times?

i'm at a loss Jesus and in a dangerous place
the land called unbelief
all i have is your promise
that you're faithful to complete
could i fall down at your feet?
i cannot understand the concept of your love
or why you'd want to be one with such a failure

Maker of the mustard seed, be even bigger now to me.

its rough

1 comment:

Eric & Autumn Thomason said...

reminds me of isaiah 54. the whole thing. which i just recently read. mmm. beautiful, beautiful.