Tuesday, December 13, 2011

a tennessee thanksgiving

I suppose it’s been a bit since I’ve posted last. The truth is I haven’t been lacking in thoughts – just overwhelmed by them. Trying to sort through the ones that might be worth putting on the internet has been more of a chore than a joy – and so I thought I’d post pictures instead.  For many (if not all) of us, this is our first holiday season away from home and we’re all working on the actual holidays – BUT that hasn’t stopped us from celebrating (and eating)!
We had an awesome Thanksgiving feast:

 And one successful family picture...
...one epic game of pictionary...
 Then there was a whirlwind trip to Carrollton - where I got to see my family for 24 hours :)
 Such studs...
My ticklish cousin Cole
 Uncle Bert teaching me how to shoot a gun. Never felt more Southern.
 Caroline and Carlton = adorable.
Ace and Uncle Bert - always a great picture :)
In other news: the fabulous Kris Corley came to visit me - a trip which blessed my heart immensely. I joined a church. I bought a pair of shoes that actually fit (yes, ladies and gentlemen - they're a size 4 in women's). I devoured the novel The Time in Between (and highly recommend it). And I revelled in complete silence on Saturday morning. 
Generally, silence makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't seek it out enough though. My spirit just craves it. There are few things more blissful than curling up in my big chair with a hot cup of tea in the stillness of the morning... with no one around, no where to be, and no (absolutely no) expectations. Nothing to live up to, nothing to compare myself to, no insecurities, no criticism, opinions, or noise at all. A literal pause.
Wishing for more of that during this season that can so easily turn chaotic and materialistic. Hope you get some :)
All my love,
<3 a

No comments: