Friday, March 18, 2011

leaving on a jet plane.....

....headed to the Amazon jungle!

In 24 hours I will be leaving Clemson and headed towards Atlanta, where I'll be getting on a plane and flying straight to Quito, Ecuador. From Quito, we'll eventually end up in Macas where we'll be setting up clinics in surrounding areas for the week.  I'm super excited and a bit nervous, but I can't wait to see how the trip goes. God is so good, and so great. I know that He has some big things in store for us as we go - but I crave your prayers!

Ways you can pray:

* Our Team
        -Unity! We're coming from all over and we'll meet each other in Atlanta. Pray for unity as we get to know each other and dive into ministry together.
        -Flexibility - We've got no idea what we're walking into but Jesus does - pray for flexible attitudes as we juggle crazy schedules, travel fatigue, etc.
        -Health - Several of our team members are coming with health issues - severe allergies, etc. that can be exacerbated in the jungle. Pray for our health and that God's strength would be perfected in our weakness
        -Freedom from anxiety, fear, and stress!
        - Time to press into Jesus - to play "hide and seek" with Him as we pursue deeper intimacy
        -Wisdom and discernment as we care for folks - and that God would MULTIPLY our resources as we encounter need!
*Shuar Indians
        - These are the lovely people we'll be working with in Ecuador! We'll come with our medicine, vitamins, etc. but there is only one thing that I have that will make them whole and give them life - and that's Jesus. Please pray for healing, salvation, and encouragement over the Shuar Indians. Pray that we would be humble and teachable - as God has much to teach us. Pray that lives would begin and that hearts would be made new as folks come to know Jesus as their Lord, Savior and Healer.
   
Above all - pray that God would be most glorified.

Here are a few pics as we get ready to leave:

 I certainly won't go hungry in the airport - or lack medicine
 This is Flat Stanley - Adrienne's 2nd grade cousin sent him to us to take to Ecuador. He's delivering toothbrushes that will go to the Shuar Indians.
 Mom came to help me pack! I love her.
 This is what I woke up to this morning - my lovely roommate made me breakfast to start spring break off on the right foot!
The pancake queen!

<3 a 

No comments: