Thursday, September 30, 2010

tech-savvy is not my middle name

i don't know how formatting my blog ended up like it did - but i'm rolling with it. here are some recent photos (recent being from the summer):


my best friend got hitched and it was beautiful:






my family took a real family vacation - and the lovely hannahb happened to be on the same island the same week:




more recent - growing up. looking forward and trying not to panic - coming up with a list of places to move and work - at the top of the list:
Boston, MA
Birmingham, AL


Other's include Charlotte, Charleston, Chapel Hill, Portland, Chicago, Baltimore, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, and Honolulu. Oh, and Columbia :)

Most of these places have relatively good OB or Pediatric hospitals. Some are conveniently near the beach or the mountains - and I'm not sure I could live somewhere not within driving distance of an ocean or a hiking trail. Obviously, Columbia would be the cheapest option - living at home rent free and working = saving up. Some of these hospitals and residency programs would be amazing to get into though. Which is why Birmingham is on the list - it's relatively inexpensive to live there and I could work and go to school at the same time - working in a great OB/Women's Health or Pediatric unit.

I'll be honest - looking at these places is just a great distraction from school. I'll end up where I get a job and where the Lord leads me, and I'll love it/learn in it. It just happens to be fun looking at cities and having the freedom to move some place completely new.


<3 a

No comments: