Sunday, April 18, 2010

the mystery and the mouse

so i began re-reading CS Lewis' series The Chronicles of Narnia this semester as a way to escape stress. i put the Voyage of the Dawn Treader on hold for a while, but i picked it up the other day, only to read this passage:

(they've just landed on a magical island with three sleeping men who appear to be the men they're searching for - the debate is to either stay on the island or go back to the boat. King Edmund decides it'd be in the best interest for the crew to go back - being that it'll be night and 'The whole place smells of magic - and danger')

"I am entirely of King Edmund's opinion," said Reepicheep, "as far as concerns the ship's company in general. But I myself will sit at this table till sunrise."

"Why on earth?" said Eustace.

"Because," said the mouse, "this is a very great adventure, and no danger seems to me so great as that of knowing when I get back to Narnia that I left a mystery behind me through fear."

i wonder what great adventures and mysteries i've left behind me through fear. give me faith, boldness, courage, and wisdom...may i fear You and You alone.
<3

No comments: