Friday, October 16, 2009

trust

one of these days i'll get it - maybe not fully but more than i do now - one of these days i'll rest in the Lord's goodness and trust in His love completely rather than just trying to talk myself into trusting. One of these days, in the moment, it'll be all His strength and nothing of my own doing.



in the meantime, in the midst of recognizing my constant failure and inability to exchange control for peace, here's the beautiful reminder of the Gospel - God's faithfulness to his faithless daughter:



We tell you to the good news: What God promised our fathers, He has fulfilled for us, His children, by raising up Jesus...the One whom God raised from the dead will not see decay... I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses." Acts 13:32-33, 37-39



praise my God and Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ - that He did what I couldn't do to bring me back to Him. That He who knew no sin became sin for me, so that in Him I might become a righteous daughter of God. (2 Cor 5:21)

No comments: