Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"it's a process"

so i'm learning about myself. it's weird, but it's happening. it's like getting to know someone else over coffee - only, it's me, giving me time to get to know me.
one thing i'm learning about myself is that i want the end results without the work. i'm impatient - when i set my mind to want something, i want it then - maybe i'll work for a week or something - but i want immediate results. God is not that concerned about immediate results - he's more concerned with the process - more concerned with fathering me to maturity.
i'll just be honest - the process sucks. i'm hating it. i'm trying to like it, but i'm hating it. it hurts. it's painful. it's slow. it's an investment with no guaranteed return...but it's roots. i'm growing roots.
a

No comments: