Sunday, February 28, 2010

quite a week

Oh it’s been quite a week – bits in recap:

Another week of double tests – God is faithful
Patient on contact precautions, so I looked like a blue smurf each time I went in the room – fun.
Grace, grace, grace – and awesome friends who love me even when I’m a jerk – left me feeling incredibly grateful this week.
GOT THE JOB AT LEXINGTON – soo happy my response was completely not professional. It went like, “really?” “yes, of course.” “OKAY, I’D LOVE TOO!” but it was met with lots of laughter. Start in May. Celebrated with red wine and cooking dinner.

Talked with my dad a lot this week – love him. He’s crazy though – running ultra’s up mountains in 10 degree weather. Not sure how we’re related. My precious mom dealt with a sobbing daughter well this week.

Saw Mr. Onken in RENT – watching him do what he loves never fails to make me smile

Craved Mr. Shelato’s cheesecake all week.

Managed to go to the gym 4 times this week – lovely escape with lovely friends. Decided on a 5k in april. Excited.

Finished Hebrews – love that book. Watched a video of persecution of Christians in India – burdened to pray for my family overseas. Longing for faith, vision, the Father’s heart. This is not my home… how easy I am to forget that truth. The Gospel – so clinging to my only hope this past week.

Tomorrow we get to teach a whole bunch of freshmen about sex ed… playing a game called “See it, smell it – name that STD” … should be fun.

Currently watching “the wedding singer,” doing laundry, munching on my veggie pizza from Mellow Mushroom.

No comments: