Friday, February 12, 2010

the past seven days...

i'm lacking some creativity, so here's a review of the week - my week.

sunday - church, actually wore dress pants instead of jeans, missed the superbowl and studied for psychosocial - lame? cooked baked tilapia, brown rice, and broccoli fo dinner.

monday - got little sleep, first psychosocial test - passed AND got candy. felt anxious all day - went to the gym - came home and crashed/slept for 2 hours. hate anxiety. watched 24 with carlton.

tuesday - slept in! got 8 hours of sleep. turned in a research critique. chart check. long night of paperwork.

wednesday - hospital. met my pt - we'll call them B - B talked very openly about the Holy Spirit. B was nice and I enjoyed caring for B. Grossest thing I've done this semester? Clean dentures. Almost puked. I know - it's the little things. went to the gym with Adrienne - we ran our first mile in under 10 minutes. ran another half in under 5 - good day. Came home to tackle my careplan and lab work - made chocolate chocolate chip muffins - surpisingly healthy recipe- no butter, high fiber, good protein, low fat, whole wheat, no fake stuff. surprisingly tasty.

thursday - early morning - lab- learned more about IVs. skipped the gym, tried to take a nap, went to Moejoe's - got prayed over by the lovely Miss Goodman - thankful for friends who encourage me. studied for community test - Adrienne made amazing french toast - thankful for friends who make tasty food for me.

today- early morning - always enjoy riding the bus - always convicted riding the bus... reveals how judgemental and critical i am. its not always negative - but it's still there - still crap :( hit Java for a few hours before the test - pretty sure I failed the test- didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so i went running instead. ran for 15 minutes - 5 minute intervals, over 1.5 miles - half way there. came home starving - ate gross combinations of food - not a good idea. talked with my mom - i love my mother.

hardest part of my week/best part of my week: my pt from last week (we'll call pt A) was still in the hospital. I went to visit A, A looked worse than last week. I talked to A's caregiver C- it was so hard not to hug C and give false hope, but C brought down the Gospel last week, so I know C has hope. still - the whole thing hurt. I almost cried on the floor. A lit up when I visited according to C - A smiled and I met A's family. A is dying - A has a few months tops to live. I wanted to cry with C. There is hope, there is hope, there is hope.

what Jesus taught me this week - 1. everything my heart longs for in relationships can only be perfectly found in Him. 2. He is not like me - He does not change, alter, leave - He loves me fully, completely, always - I am not a less loved child. Oh, if I had his eyes! 3. God likes me - He actually likes me, wants me, delights in and over me. He's not obligated to tolerate me - He actually longs for intimacy with me. 4. Apart from him I have no good thing. Good thing nothing can separate me from Him.

Convicting quote of the week: "Halfhearted Christians: They know enough to feel guilty, they don't go far enough with Christ to be happy" - via John Piper.

currently reading - Prince Caspian by CS Lewis - totally opening up my eyes to God and his character. He really likes me. Let's just keep saying that.

currently - it's snowing - it's beautiful. i'm warm and inside watching 10 things i hate about you.

No comments: