Monday, October 5, 2009

o ye of little faith

oh the Holy Spirit has been revealing so much in me - identifying just how deep my struggles go - how far distrust and faithlessness run in even the most innocent looking decisions, choices, actions, thoughts, feelings.

i'm thankful - i'm becoming more and more aware of the utter hopelessness that I'd find myself in if it were not for the Gospel. i am wholly incapable of anything good, right, true or loving, and i am completely incapable of remaining in a state of faithfulness - it is Christ in me, the hope of glory - anything good, pleasing or right in my life is not rooted in me but comes from Jesus, who comes from the Father and does only exactly as the Father does and commands.

how patient is my God.. my Holy God. how faithful He is. He has not left me as an orphan, nor has He left me lost and broken. He has healed me, He has redeemed me, and He will continue sanctifying me until the day He comes back.

No comments: