Friday, June 12, 2009

idolatry and undivided hearts

""They will return to it and remove all its vile images and detestable idols. I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God. "
-Ezekiel 11:18-20

I want an undivided heart. I want a heart of flesh - not one of stubborn and rebellious stone. I want one that breaks - one that's filled with Godly sorrow that leads to repentance instead of pride and arrogance. I dont want to be distracted with me, but wholeheartedly committed to Him. I want to want that. I want that to be true of me - that I live out an undivided heart and in a new spirit. Instead, I just hang out in the old - but He's dealt with the old.

As my dear friend Autumn once told me, I want "heaven goggles."

Open up the eyes and ears of Your child.

No comments: