Saturday, June 27, 2009

accountability

the other day i was talking to my dear sister sandy about an area in my life that tends to require some "tough love" advice. without fail, she was faithful to speak her mind about the matter. she was right in her opinions even before i got the full story out. in my pride i was instantly frustrated and rushed to justify things in my head - but there was no use in doing that.

i am a creature that struggles with pride - one talented in the art of justification - one in need of loving friends like sandy to call me to the table on crap.

while there are some aspects of my life that are not blogable (word?) like the specifics of the situation mentioned above, memorizing scripture is not one of those. lately the Lord has been bringing up the importance of memorizing scripture and in my pride i have been disobedient in doing so.

i'm assuming not many read this, even less would actually ask, but regardless here's the request for accountability. i'm currently working on memorizing 2 Peter 1. I just started, and i'm doing at least 1 verse a day, maybe 2. so ask me how it's going if you happen to remember.

the whole purpose of this blog was for me to be able to look back and remember what the Lord has taught me. even if no one reads it, or if no one remembers to ask about something like scripture memory - it's posted here, as a sign for me... something more difficult to wiggle out of.

No comments: