Thursday, January 8, 2009

the start of a new semester

so the semester has started - i could cry.

the Lord is good - I've got a great roommate who's cute and loves the Lord. I'm excited to see how we get along and get to know each other this semester. God's really worked in cool ways and we seem to have a lot in common.

I've also got more than enough hours and options to fulfill all of my requirements this semester - the trouble and overwhelming part is trying to pick the right classes to keep and those to drop. All of my classes this semester are really difficult and require a lot more work than I anticipated. There are tons of essays and analysis that have to be done, on top of a literal ton of reading. I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle with Him - and I know I'm capable of doing this with His help (more than capable) - but I detest writing essays and I worry about having classes that are graded so subjectively (because I still the compulsive need to be "perfect"). I will not be perfect this semester (not that I ever had, but I might have to kiss my 4.0 goodbye) - but I have to trust that that's not important.

This is what is important - this is truth that does not change:
*God is faithful - He won't give me more than He and I can't handle.
*My self worth is NOT (self worth = performance + others' opinions).
*My worth is unchanging in Christ
*In Christ I am unconditionally loved and fully accepted.
*God keeps His promises - He never fails (or He's not God) - which means that He has great plans for my life - and if it's not great grades or passing certain classes that are "required" for my major - then it's something better.
*I am more than okay - the Lord is my strength.


Now if I just keep repeating those - I'll be good. I might still cry though ;)

running late to class -
<3

No comments: