Monday, November 17, 2008

pookey's birthday

today is my youngest brother chandler's birthday - he went from being 5 to 13 overnight.

as i'm watching all of my brothers grow up and turn into young men, and then into men... i'm continually having to turn to the Lord, trusting Him that He's going to keep molding into men of purity, strength, wisdom, love - men who are reflections of Jesus himself.

i'm incredibly proud of all three of my brothers - they bring joy into my life. i get to look back on the past 18 years (Carl just turned 18 on Oct 27!), and i see tons of fights and arguments (including the one with me in hysterics because Carlton called me stupid) - but i also see lots of love and joy. i'm convinced that i am the woman i am today because the Lord worked through my brothers to mold me and teach me - and He's still using them to build me up and expose my flaws and limitations.

so today is pookey bear's birthday - he's a teenager and a darn cute one at that. my heart longs to see each brother grow up into a man who loves and adores the Lord and who seeks Him with all of their heart.

i have the best family... hands down.

<3

No comments: